|NEW: You can now get a short e-mail message (max 1/day) when posts are added. Type your e-mail ID & click the "Subscribe" button. E-mailing is handled by FEEDBURNER.COM (a Google company) which will ask for confirm/ subscribe/ unsubscribe etc. NOTE: If you are using hotmail or yahoo ID, you may face Spam/Anti-Spam problems. GMail is OK and is more secure.|
How ou can help:
1) Spread the word to other GIIS QT/EC/Balestier parents
2) Subscribe to regular e-mail notification (above)
3) Join as a member of the blog who writes and posts.
Who can join (as a member who can post under own ID) ?
- Parents/Teachers/Management of GIIS, S'pore, QT, EC, Balestier campuses, through invitation or word of mouth. (No students, nobody under 18 years old). [Updated on 9/11/2007: For Teachers and members of GIIS Management: We do not know for certain if GIIS/GIF restricts your participation, but we guess that it is so. We do not wish to risk your employment. So, please get clearances from bosses wherever needed, before you join this blog. Please try your best to convince GIIS bosses of the benefit of using modern IT and the role of blogs in modern schools. While we would love to have representation from all parties, we do not mind starting off as just a Parents Forum. --Ed 9/11/2007]. [Update 02/2008: We now suspect that teachers and PSG have been instructed to maintain a closed mind and ignore this blog. If this is really true, it is even more unfortunate - Ed.]
- So that you can post to this blog. Only members can post.
- Being a member gives you voice as a customer and as a responsible member of the GIIS community. This forum is the best way to make your voice heard and contribute to the community. And, it is easy. If you already have a G-Mail account, you are almost there.
- Read through current and past posts to be familiar with the forum. Subscribe to the e-mail notification feed (see above) to remain updated on new posts.
- Read and understand the rules that all posting members have agreed to. (If you disagree with any of the rules, you can tell us why. We want to be reasonable and fair).
- Sign up for a GMail or Google Account. (If you already have a GMail account, or if you have a Blogger ID on blogger.com, then you are all set... just go to the next step).
- Write an email request to be added to the community. Proceed as follows:
- Click here to compose email (NOTE: NEW email ID).
- Be sure to include your GMail ID [Google Account email ID /Blogger email ID] in the body of the message.
- Send the email message.
Please allow us some time to respond, as we may process these only once a week.
[If you face any problems joining or subscribing, post a comment under this. We will try our best to help]